Work With Us
Unwavering Teamwork and Lifelong Community
We are a family of artists committed to strengthening each other. Collaboration has been the central facet of Atlantic’s DNA since our founding, demonstrated in the way we support and stand by our artists, teachers, staff, and students. No matter the partnership, unwavering teamwork and encouragement sits at our core. Join us.
Health & Safety READ MORE
At Atlantic, we are committed to providing and maintaining a gathering place that is free of known hazards. In order to safeguard the health of our entire community, we are requiring proof of Covid-19 vaccinations for all employees moving forward. Click here to read more about our health and safety policies.
MANAGER OF INDIVIDUAL GIVING
Atlantic – an award-winning Off-Broadway theater and NAST-accredited acting school – seeks a Manager of Individual Giving. This position will work closely with the Director of Development to oversee the successful execution of the Patron Program, annual appeals, and all other Individual Giving activities.
Overall, candidates will demonstrate:
- A prior track record of successfully soliciting individual donations through a variety of channels.
- An interest in philanthropy and developing innovative fundraising strategies.
- A passion for meaningful engagement with patrons of the arts.
- An outgoing personality with ability to interact with all company constituents including Board, donors, artists, and members.
- A proactive approach to collaborating with other staff members to achieve goals.
The Manager of Individual Giving will:
- With the Director of Development, create overall prospect and solicitation strategy to manage and guide the Patron Program.
- With the Director of Development, develop Major Gift acquisition strategies and recommend Major Gift prospects from existing donors and single ticket buyers.
- Manage special engagement opportunities that move donors to higher levels of annual giving, supporting the growth of a major gifts pipeline.
- Personally manage cultivation/increase/renewal and stewardship efforts for a portfolio of donors, the majority of whom make annual gifts of over $2,000.
- Attend and arrange meetings with donors and prospects for cultivation, stewardship and solicitation.
- Lead the gift renewal and stewardship components of the Annual Fund and play a key role in the cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
- Spearhead all campaign mailings and donor communications, including drafting correspondence and collateral and preparing data.
- Work with Marketing department in the design of fundraising materials (i.e. website, video, social media, appeals, etc).
- Play an active part in the execution of Atlantic’s annual Gala, including the solicitation of ticket and table purchases.
- Maintain a presence at all fundraising events.
- Greet donors as needed when Atlantic is in production.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Develop campaign projections and monitor budget goals.
- Take an active role in departmental DEIA efforts to build more equitable fundraising strategies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum four to six years of relevant work experience in individual fundraising or equivalent areas.
- Must be highly-motivated and organized.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills – be friendly, personable, and outgoing.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and projects at once, be detail-oriented and work well under deadline.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff members, external vendors, and donors at all levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- CRM Experience, Spektrix a plus
- Atlantic Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who identify as BIPOC, queer, trans, non-binary, candidates with disabilities, or candidates who are parents or immigrants are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position with an annual salary of $60,000 to $65,000 (commensurate with experience) and a full benefit package including paid time off, health, dental and optional employee-contributed vision insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability upon eligibility, an employee sponsored 401K plan, a Flexible Spending Account, and Transit Check Benefits. Please email a cover letter and resume to Barbara Toy, Director of Development at email@example.com and include Manager of Individual Giving in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
ATLANTIC ACTING SCHOOL MARKETING MANAGER
The Atlantic Acting School, partner organization with the award-winning Off-Broadway Atlantic Theater Company, is seeking a Marketing Manager to develop strategy, manage, and execute marketing campaigns for conservatory programs, adult part-time classes and children’s programs.
The school is a NAST-accredited institution and home of the Practical Aesthetics Technique. We are looking for an experienced independent thinker with a passion for the arts, creative copywriting skills, and experience with effective graphic design.
Under the supervision of Atlantic’s Director of Education and Recruitment, the Marketing Manager will oversee all promotional needs to increase the school’s national presence and enrollment. The position also interfaces with the theater’s marketing team for style and branding consistency. The marketing manager will help generate an overall strategy for reaching various markets while researching and coordinating all print and digital advertising opportunities. The job is office based with select travel for recruitment events. Weekends and evening hours are required for some events.
Job responsibilities include marketing and content creation, project management, digital media and design and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree, training in marketing or comparable work experience.
- 2-3 years of marketing experience preferably in an arts or educational setting.
- Highly motivated and organized with superior organizational, creative problem solving, communication and writing skills.
- Proven experience with digital marketing and social media strategy, as well as traditional media marketing strategy.
- Experience working in the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere).
- SEO/SEM knowledge
- Google Analytics
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp is preferred but not required.
Atlantic Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who identify as BIPOC, Queer, Trans, Non-binary, candidates with disabilities, or candidates who are parents or immigrants are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position with an annual salary of $50,000 and a full benefit package including paid time off, health, dental and optional employee-contributed vision insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability upon eligibility, an employee sponsored 401K plan, a Flexible Spending Account, and Transit Check Benefits.
The School Marketing Manager reports directly to the Director of Education and Recruitment. Please email a cover letter and resume to Heather Baird at firstname.lastname@example.org and include School Marketing Manager in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
MANAGER OF CAMPAIGN INITIATIVES
Atlantic – an award-winning Off-Broadway theater and NAST-accredited acting school – seeks a Manager of Campaign Initiatives. This position reports to the Managing Director and works closely with the Director of Development and Campaign Consultant to develop and implement a coordinated strategic effort for special campaign initiatives. This position is a key member of the development team charged with growing Atlantic Theater’s annual major gifts and campaign initiatives.
- Assist with developing a comprehensive fundraising plan for a new sustainability campaign.
- Draft, edit and update materials including case statement, brochures, and campaign recognition including signage and donor listings.
- Work closely with the Development team to research, draft, edit and steward campaign foundation, government, and corporate support proposals.
- Work closely with Development team to create and manage individual giving plan including identification of major campaign gift prospects, donor research, strategy, preparation of solicitation materials and fulfillment of benefits.
- Attend solicitation activities as needed.
- Coordinate and staff donor cultivation and recognition events.
- Support general development events i.e. opening nights, gala benefit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with General Manager to create and update campaign cash flow documents.
- Work with Managing Director to establish and manage campaign expense budget.
- Maintain updated gifts received/pledged tracking documents.
- Manage and document campaign information including monthly financial reports, weekly prospect meetings and donor notes.
- Update all internal systems including monthly financial updates and weekly prospect meetings.
- Manage administrative tasks including scheduling and meeting management, document presentation of internal and external meetings, drafting and distribution of meeting minutes.
- 4-6 years experience in a fundraising capacity
- Highly motivated and organized
- Able to strategize and plan ahead
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: be friendly, personable and outgoing
- Available to attend evening events such as opening nights and benefit gala as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and experience working with a CRM; Spektrix a plus
Atlantic Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who identify as BIPOC, queer, trans, non-binary, candidates with disabilities, or candidates who are parents or immigrants are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position with an annual salary of $70,000 to $75,000 (commensurate with experience) and a full benefit package including paid time off, health, dental and optional employee-contributed vision insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability upon eligibility, an employee sponsored 401K plan, a Flexible Spending Account, and Transit Check Benefits. Please email a cover letter and resume to Barbara Toy, Director of Development to email@example.com and include Manager of Campaign Initiatives in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Atlantic Theater Company accepts only solicited material, agent submissions, and work/proposals from its ensemble. Our season is comprised of four mainstage productions of new plays and revivals, and two second stage productions with an emphasis on new work. The season is complemented by a development series of readings and workshops, and we have an active commissioning program. In an effort to refocus our submissions policy, and attend to the large number of solicited scripts we received each season, we will no longer be accepting samples or inquiries. Playwrights are urged to consult The Dramatists Sourcebook and individual organizations’ websites for complete information on submission policies at American theaters.
Fellowship Training Opportunities
Stage Management Fellowship
The Stage Management Fellowship Training Program is designed for early-career theater professionals who have chosen a career in stage management. Fellows will support the Equity Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager, observing and participating in all aspects of stage management for the duration of one full production.
The Fellowship Training Program looks to offer more than the traditional PA employment opportunity by involving the trainee in the company as part of the extended Atlantic family and by investing in the fellow’s training and career development with mentorships, panel discussions, and networking events with other early-career professionals. This position pays a $15 hourly wage.
Atlantic Theater Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who identify as BIPOC, queer, trans, non-binary, candidates with disabilities, or candidates who are parents or immigrants are encouraged to apply.
Please send all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which production(s) you’re available to participate in. You will be notified if we’d like to arrange an interview. The Fellowship Training Program has a rolling application process.
We are now accepting volunteer usher sign-ups for our 2022|2023 Season!
Productions playing at Atlantic’s Linda Gross Theater (336 West 20th Street) require two (2) ushers at each performance, while productions playing at Atlantic’s Stage 2 Theater (330 West 16th Street) require one (1) usher at each performance.
Atlantic Usher Responsibilities
Ushers will be given an internal performance score based on how well they complete the following responsibilities. These assessments may impact future ushering assignments.
- You’re responsible for your own schedules. We expect each usher to show up for the shifts they have selected. If your availability changes, you MUST notify the Box Office ASAP!
- Submit required documents to the Box Office prior to scheduled shift. We require that all volunteer ushers complete and submit Anti-Harassment Training Certification and complete Anti-racism Bystander Training, in addition to wearing masks while indoors at all times at our theater.
- Arrive at the theater 1 hour prior to curtain dressed in all black. You will report to the box office upon arrival.
- Follow the instructions given by the House Manager and other Front of House staff.
- Stuff playbills, as needed, before the house opens to audience members.
- Remain at house doors to scan tickets or rip stubs, distribute playbills, and relay important show info to each and every audience member.
- Return ticket scanner or ticket stubs to the House Manager before taking your seat. Seat assignments are at the discretion of management.
- Direct audience members to the box office, elevators, bathrooms, and concessions as needed.
- Clean up after the performance: walk through the house and pick up all trash, lost items, or discarded playbills. Please do not leave until the House Manager dismisses you.
- If your performance includes an intermission, go back to your post unless otherwise instructed. Please let the House Manager know immediately if you need to use the restroom during intermission so they may cover your door if needed.
- If your performance includes a talkback after the show, please stay until the end to fulfill clean-up duties.
- Be a good audience member too! Silence your cell phones, no food/drink, and no photography/videography.
For any questions, please contact AtlanticUshers@AtlanticTheater.org, thank you!