INDIVIDUAL GIVING AND SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER
Atlantic Theater Company, an award winning non-profit Off-Broadway theater, seeks a Manager of Individual Giving and Special Events.
The Manager of Individual Giving and Special Events will:
- Develop overall prospect and solicitation strategy to guide the Patron Program.
- Assist in Major Gift strategy and recommend potential Board members and Major Gift prospects from the Patron Program.
- Lead the gift renewal and stewardship processes of the Annual Fund and play a key role in the solicitation and stewardship of Patron Program donors.
- Organize and execute cultivation and special events including Patron dinners, receptions, and opening night parties.
- Plan and execute all aspects of the Annual Gala from pre-planning to event logistics and donor solicitation.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of related experience.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills – be friendly, personable, and outgoing.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and projects at once, be detail-oriented and work well under deadline.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff members, external vendors, and donors at all levels.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits reporting to the Director of Development. Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Anna Frenkel at email@example.com and indicate Manager of Individual Giving and Special Events in the subject line. No phone calls. EOE.
Resident School Stage Manager.
Atlantic Theater Company Acting School
The Atlantic Theater Company is seeking a full time seasonal Resident Stage Manager for the Spring 2017 season of Atlantic Acting School productions featuring NYU undergraduate students in the ATC Stage 2 Theater. Start Date: January 16, 2017- End Date: April 30, 2017
The season of student shows operates from end of January to April (spring semester) and includes two to four full length productions on which the Resident Stage Manager serves as the overseeing production stage manager. The ideal candidate will have experience working with several casts, creative and design teams simultaneously and bringing multiple productions with overlapping timelines to fruition on a tight schedule and with limited resources. The production schedules often warrant untraditional work hours, including evening and weekend rehearsals, and we are looking for an individual who is able and willing to be flexible in this regard.
Candidates with experience in educational environments are encouraged to apply and an interest in teaching conservatory acting students is preferred as is a desire to mentor students through the rehearsal process.
The Resident School Stage Manager reports to the School Artistic Director while interfacing with staff members and faculty from the education department as well as freelance directors and designers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a high level of safety in the studios and theater
- Collaborating with members of the production department and helping in all areas to ensure successful productions
- Prepping for first rehearsals—script printing, assembling Stage Management binders, etc.
- Training and mentoring first year acting students to set-up and run rehearsals independently of Resident Stage Manager
- Liaising with directors (3-4 per semester) to create rehearsal schedules for each production
- Inputting and adjusting rehearsal schedules in Midas scheduling portal; communicating rehearsal space locations to cast and creative team for each production
- Attending rehearsals of multiple shows (rotating weekdays, weekday nights and weekends)
- Generating and distributing rehearsal/performance reports
- Communicating with all production teams regularly regarding production meetings, rehearsal reports and design meetings
- Assigning performance and run crew duties to first year ASMs; create and oversee crew positions
- Supervising technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances (one 10 out of 12 weekend of tech, plus 2 dress rehearsals per production)
- Call all performances (5 per production)
- Submitting end of semester evaluations and grades for all Full-time Conservatory first year crew
- Maintaining a positive working environment while upholding the Atlantic Theater Company’s mission
- Adhering to professional standards while also maintain Atlantic Acting School rules and policies
3+ years of experience in production stage management desired and computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Google docs, etc.) required.
This position demands a high level of leadership, organization, a commitment to efficiency, the ability to troubleshoot, work as part of a team, and stay focused in high stress situations. It requires someone with great time management skills and ability to maintain communication flow for multiple productions rehearsing simultaneously. Stage Manager should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, while bringing patience, and the ability to remain calm under pressure into the workplace. This job necessitates a love of theater, an open mind, a sense of humor and a collaborative “can-do” attitude.
This is a full-time seasonal staff position. Please email a cover letter and resume to the attention of Alison Beatty at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “School SM” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Atlantic Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer.