Teaching Artists – Atlantic Youth Summer Camps
Atlantic Theater Company, the award-winning Off-Broadway theater and NAST-accredited acting school founded in 1985 by David Mamet and William H. Macy, is seeking Teaching Artists for its youth summer camp. Throughout the summer, we hire acting teachers, musicians, visual artists, actors, storytellers, filmmakers, and playwrights to fill a variety of positions within our summer youth programming for ages 4 through 18. The 2016 summer program consists of multiple one week long camps, several two week long camps, and one four week long camp between June 20th and August 5th. Apprenticeships and assistant jobs are also available.
· Conducting daily or weekly workshops with youth in a summer camp setting. Camps run between 9:00am and 5:30pm Monday through Friday.
· Some specialists will be employed for the duration of the camps, while others may conduct weekly or bi-weekly workshops only.
· Facilitating a fun and engaging lesson each day which includes theater games and/or improv.
· Developing a given theme into a project with a finished, presentable product over the course of a one or two week camp session.
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional training/experience.
· Must love teaching youth and have applicable experience.
· For musicians, proficiency in guitar or piano is required. Other instruments are a plus.
· Confidence in the ability to hold a leadership role among a group of anywhere from 10-30 students.
· A portfolio and/or filmed submission of your work.
Please email cover letter, portfolio, availability, (available hours, days, and weeks throughout Summer 2016) and resume/headshot to the attention of Heather Baird, Director of Education and Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Teaching Artist” and the field in which you work. Be sure to include any relevant experience working with youth in your submission. No phone calls, please. Atlantic Theater Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about Atlantic Theater Company, please visit: www.atlantictheater.org