Connecting deeply and authentically with neurodiverse audiences
At Atlantic, we are are committed to creating an environment that is open and welcoming to all. We currently hold four Relaxed Performances each season – two for each of our Atlantic for Kids productions: one for public school groups and one for the general public. Relaxed Performances offer accommodations for people who benefit from a more relaxed theater-going environment —including but not limited to those with autism, sensory or communication disabilities, or developmental disabilities.
Our next Relaxed Performances for Atlantic for Kids production of El Otro Oz will take place on Friday, February 9 at 10:30am and Saturday, February 10 at 10:30am. Click here to purchase tickets.
What to Expect
All patrons are welcome. In order to make our shows more accessible, we will adapt these productions in the following ways:
- Sound in the production will be lowered and any sudden, loud noises during the show will be modified.
- Lights in the seating area will be dimmed rather than fully dark during the performance.
- A relaxed atmosphere allows patrons to talk and vocalize as they wish, as well as leave and re-enter the seating area as needed.
- An activity area will be available with a live video feed of the show, coloring sheets and fidget toys if patrons need to take a break from the seating area.
- A quiet, calm space will be available with fidget toys if patrons need a quiet place to relax. Fidgets and some noise canceling headphones will be available during the show. We encourage you to bring your own as well.
- A gender-neutral family restroom will be provided.
- No ‘Shushing’ during the show. We welcome everyone to enjoy the show in the way that is most comfortable to them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I prepare for the show?
- Watch our “Welcome to the Theater” video
- Check out the Seating Guide below
- Please note: our Atlantic for Kids productions are general admission seating. The house opens 30 minutes prior to each performance time.
What should I bring to the show?
If you use ear defenders or have a particular fidget you like best, bring them along!
Who Should I contact for additional questions?
If you have additional questions about the relaxed performance, please contact our general marketing email, email@example.com and we will forward it along to the appropriate party.