RELAXED PERFORMANCES are events designed with accommodations for people—including those with autism, sensory or communication disorders, or developmental differences —who would benefit from a more relaxed environment.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A RELAXED PERFORMANCE
All patrons are welcome at these special performances. In order to make the shows more accessible to individuals on the autism spectrum and their families, we will adapt these productions in the following ways:
- Sound in the production will be lowered and staff will alert you about any upcoming loud noises during the show.
- Lights in the seating area will be dimmed rather than fully dark during the performance.
- A Relaxed Atmosphere allows patrons to talk and vocalize as they wish, as well as leave and re-enter the seating area as needed.
- An Activity Area will be available with a live video feed of the show, coloring sheets and fidget toys if patrons need to take a break from the seating area.
- A Calming Corner will be available with fidget toys if patrons need a quiet place to relax.
- A Family Restroom (gender-neutral) will be designated.
- We Do Not ‘Shush’ anyone during the show. Everyone is able to relax and be themselves.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I prepare for the show?
Watch the “welcome to the theater video”, read the Visual Story Guide, and check out the Seating Guide below! Please note: The production of This Girl Laughs… will be general admission seating. The house will open 30 minutes prior to performance time.
Welcome to the Theater video – Click Here to View!
Visual Story Guide – Click Here to View!
What should I bring to the show?
If you use ear defenders or have a particular fidget you like best, bring them along!
Who to contact for additional questions?
If you have additional questions about the relaxed performance, please contact our general marketing email, email@example.com and we will forward it along to the appropriate party.
Atlantic Theater Company has a no-refund and no-exchanges policy, but for our relaxed performances we will be handling all refund requests on a case-by-case basis. Please let us know if you will be unable to attend within 48 hours of the performance time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-691-5919.